Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December Birchbox





Have you heard of Birchbox?  It is seriously one of my highlights each month.  I first heard about it from Kate at The Small Things Blog (my all-time favorite blogger whom I've learned SO much from. and yes, Ross would be proud of me for using "whom" correctly. *Friends reference*)  :)  The link will take you to Kate's review of Ipsy versus Birchbox (in her book, Birchbox wins).

And anyway, it's a monthly subscription for a beauty box that contains 4-5 samples of skin/makeup/hair/nail, etc. products to try out.  They have an online store where you can purchase full sizes of things you love.

You even fill out a beauty profile so they're sure to send you the right shade of BB cream for your skin tone, a curly hair product if that's your hair type, or a neutral nail color or bold one depending on how adventurous your preference is.

I've been subscribing for a year now, and I really feel like it's the most valuable $10 a month I spend. It is super fun to try out a huge variety of products--and oftentimes they're ones I wouldn't have known about or thought to have tried (such as a clarifying shampoo for a once-a-month cleanse, or a bright lip color, or even eye creams).

I feel like I've learned so much more about taking care of my skin and hair--and it makes it fun again instead of feeling like so much work!  It's a simple way to pamper myself with a deep conditioning hair mask, give my face an exfoliating scrub, or feel extra fresh with a new fragrance.

And after all, pampering ourselves is the FlyLady focus of the month. :)

P.S. You can refer friends to earn 100 points, so if you're thinking of signing up, I'd love if you wanted to use this link!

So now that I've done a novel-length intro on what Birchbox is and how much I love it, here are the items I scored this month:


Harvey Prince: Hello fragrance 8.8 ml or 50 ml
One spritz of this and I was in love.  I literally felt swept away when I read the precious description of the ingredients Harvey Prince selected and why.  Seriously?  A+ marketing team.  Y'all should get a raise.

The Honest Company: Honest Healing Balm
This balm is a part of their Winter Wellness kit, and is apparently awesome for healing "anything from windburn to eczema to minor nicks and cuts."  Here in SoCal I don't get too dry, but I have noticed a little bit of a difference in my skin.  This will be great for especially dry spots, and I'm curious about this whole putting it on minor nicks and cuts thing.

Number 4: Non Aerosol Hair Spray 
This is definitely going in the purse.  I've been wanting to keep a travel sized Kenra 25 in my purse or car, and now I can try this little guy out!  Will be perfect to spritz any hair that may come undone in an updo, or keep my bangs swept away from my eyes while out and about.

Manna Kadar Cosmetics: Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion
I'm really excited to try this one--I've been learning more about how to use bronzer, blush, and highlighter, and this is meant to act as a highlighter.  On the Birchbox site it instructs, "with your fingers, blend sparingly on the highest points of your face (brow bones, cheekbone, cupid’s bow) and along your collarbone. Or, mix one pump with foundation for an all-over glow. Skip the finishing powder, though, since using it will undo your dew."  Good to know--and can't wait to see how it goes!  P.S. Did you know the little dip in the middle of your top lip is called a cupid's bow?? huh...  #learnsomethingneweveryay

Twistband: Nautical Collection
This is my first twistband hair tie, can you believe it??  I've been super curious what all the hype has been about. :)  Seems like it isn't suppose to leave a strong crimp in your hair since it's wider, and it doesn't cut off circulation when you wear it on your wrist.  Sounds pretty good to me!  Plus the nautical look is super cute.  Excited to test out the waters!

Well, there you have it!  My December Birchbox.  Oh--and that cell phone looking thing you might have spotted in the box pic?  That's a fun little digi-mate.  It clings to your phone and can be peeled off again and again, and the other side is microfiber for cleaning your screen.  Fun, huh?  #learntwonewsomethingsaday

Grab your one-month $10 Birchbox subscription here.

No comments:

Post a Comment